Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Back in the sack!

So, the Great Big Sea weekend was the most epic weekend I've experienced in a while. I had so much fun and I was surely disappointed when it came to an end.


Here's all of the girls before going out on Friday night.


Me and my favorites, before heading to the GBS concert.


If you ever get a chance to see these guys, you definitely should!

Now, I'm going to give you some of the best advice you'll ever hear. If you go out or away for a weekend, set yourself a limit of money to spend. Now, take that money out of your account and put it in your wallet. Next, lock up both of your debit card and any credit card you may have. If you bring your plastic money with you, I guarantee you'll spend a lot more than what you had initially intended. I spent a ridiculous amount of money more than I'd anticipated, but it was one of the best weekends I've had in a long time.

We went out to Maxwell's Plum for supper and drinks. The guys had been watching hockey and were going to meet us there. We were waiting a bit, so we decided to order some fancy drinks and appetizers. When the guys arrived, my boyfriend - as well as my friend, Meg's boyfriend - decided to be sweet gentlemen and told us not to worry about our bills; They said they would cover the cost of our dinners/drinks.


As you can tell from the expression on their faces, they quickly regretted offering to pay when the costs were ridiculously high. Their mouths dropped to the floor and we hauled out our cameras to take pictures.

---

So, I've basically been living in the studio since I got back to Sackville. I'm trying to get as much work done as I can so I'm not stressing out a week before classes end, trying to catch up. As much as I've been working, I'm still a little lagged behind but I found comfort in knowing everyone else in my classes is in the exact same boat.


Here's one of my turtle paintings I did for my Open Media class.

For my independent project in my painting class I'm doing a series of turtle paintings. I think I'm going to paint four of them, each 1 x 2 feet. I finished one so far and I really like how it's turning out. I'll post pictures as soon as the set is complete. After that project, I have one more independent project to do. I enjoy indepedent projects because the boundaries are infinite. That's the same boat I'm going to be in next year, in fourth year, so it allows me to get in that mind frame. It really pushes me, as an artist, to think freely and paint freely. I'm not exactly sure if I want to keep going with the turtle theme - but we'll see how this next project goes.

Anyway, I better go get some work done.

Ciao!

No comments: